Cal4Wheel Safety Requirements
All vehicles must be maintained to conform to highway safety standards, as well as meet Cal4Wheel minimum requirements:
- Roll bar or factory installed hard top.
- Emergency brake, parking brake, line-lock or other redundant braking system.
- Tow strap or rope (recommend rated at 2 times the vehicle weight).
- First aid kit.
- Jack capable of lifting the vehicle & tools to change tire.
- Spare tire within 3 inches diameter of other tires, or, for tires 37" or larger, run-flats or tools to repair/reinflate tire.
- Fire extinguisher with gauge indicating good/full, appropriately stored.
- Seat belts for all vehicle occupants.
Antennas must be rigid or restrained in a manner to prevent injuries.
- Adequate attachment points front and rear, i.e. tow hooks, receiver, etc. Tow balls are not permitted.
- Battery hold downs (no bungie cords).